Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Week Twelve

For our next and final assignment, we were given two options to pick from: a re-design of a board game (new or existing) or a "you are the gift" multiple component piece. 

My original thought was to do a self promotional package to send to perspective employers showing little things about me, but with that assignment I would using a lot of what I have already created as my visual identity for my website.

So I decided on the board game topic. I began brainstorming styles of games that I currently enjoy, ones I played as a kid and games that were popular at the summer camp I used to work at. As a kid I loved playing with the Where's Waldo books. They were not only fun but each page also was a cool work of art. A few years ago when my family got an Apple TV, I downloaded a Where's Waldo style find it game but called Hidden Folks. Hidden Folks is a hand-drawn, interactive, miniature searching game all in black and white. The game is honestly a bit overwhelming at first, but as you zoom in and interact with the little figures it is super fun.

For my assignment I decided on a Hidden Folk style card game with a Spot-It approach (another game I played as a kid). I will have 30 cards all with different layouts of objects and the idea will be to place out four cards on the table and when players find a match they can take the two cards and put out two more. 



I still want to connect the project back to me in some way. So for the objects on the cards I am going to use things that I like and describe me drawn similarly to how my masthead is on my portfolio website


________________________________________________________

I missed class on Tuesday as I went to the AIGA Career Festival. However, I started making a list of items I want to include in my illustrations. 

  • goat
  • lavender
  • tree
  • leaf
  • bike
  • city 
  • sun
  • shoes
  • beach
  • avocado
  • mountains
  • stars
  • coffee
  • plant
  • books
  • computer
  • cookie
  • heart
  • dino nugget
  • paw
  • airplane
  • fish
  • picture frame
  • koala
  • california 
  • moon
  • backpack
  • goat
  • pancakes
  • cursor
  • paint brush 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL WEEK

Painting the sheets became a bit of a struggle I wasn't expecting. I started by painting one sheet, doing my best to get the yellow colo...