Monday, October 18, 2021

Week Eight

After receiving feedback from Professor Mata I began my final sketches of the layouts. Here is the feedback she let me: 

You did a good job with your sketches and concepts. The ones that seem to be working the best are the Nature concepts C and D. The Typography concept could work depending on the words you would use. Perhaps you could use empowering words. If you decide to go with textures be careful they don't look like pimples. I am excited to see what you can do with the laser cutter. Do some tests before you commit and remember not too many details in the design. Pick the concept you want to do and do more refined drawings or experiment with the laser cutter to see which one would work best.   

The nature concepts she favored is the the water element and the poppy flowers. I decoded to go with the water, flowing design because while period products are targeted for women, female products don't have to be overly feminine.



With the laser cutter test/example sheet there is an example of using lines and creating a texture. For my next set of sketches I really focused on that pattern and how I can position the engravings on the package elements as well as set a plan for a text layout. I used the tampon packaging and the current Always nighttime underwear as well as Unders reusable underwear and collected content. For the cup I found a photo online of the package as they didn't sell the Tampax cup brand at the target I went to. 









I want to make the packages as realistic as possible which means including all the tiny warning content and legal information. However, I noticed on the packaging that the underwear and cup have all the same information in French too but the tampons have English and Spanish. I'm taking French right now so I'm thinking it would be fun, different, and realistic to include the French, however with the engraving I want to make sure I have enough space.




For class on Tuesday I'm going to work on setting up the measurements of the dielines and print out some test versions to make sure the sizing is correct and everything fits before I begin working on the final art and layout.

_____________________________________________________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL WEEK

Painting the sheets became a bit of a struggle I wasn't expecting. I started by painting one sheet, doing my best to get the yellow colo...