Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Week Two

From our scavenger hunt last week, one of the finds was to locate an item that needed to badly be redesigned. While on vacation in Ocean City New Jersey, I found a hot sauce shop on the board walk and found the perfect product.





The whole line is in need of a redesign, but I chose the yellow one as it caught my eye and is evidently a Grand World Champion

_________________________________________________________


The first part in our assignment is to create a one-page package case study and create an outline for the die-line. I started by taking photos of the original package and used my personal brand style to formulate a document that shared my ideas of the redesign.



Using my phone charger cord (I do not have any string in my dorm room) I wrapped the cord around the bottle and then measured it with a ruler. 

I followed the file set up and color labeling that I learned in my internship with FORCE pkg. I included annotations and a safe area for any copy to stay inside of (that's the dotted line).


__________________________________________________________________

Over the weekend I worked on building a Pinterest moodboard and worked out some sketches. I pinned a bunch of pins and found four directions I wanted to explore. I did close up sketches of the front and then of the full label as well. 

I have three main components I want to focus on: New Jersey, flames, and wood texture. I'm keeping the bright yellow color as the primary color with a deep dark charcoal grey for the background. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL WEEK

Painting the sheets became a bit of a struggle I wasn't expecting. I started by painting one sheet, doing my best to get the yellow colo...