Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Week Four

I uploaded my final paper sketch, the two digitally sketches, and color scheme to D2L to get feedback from my classmates.

My classmates left a lot of positive comments for the colors and style approach and left constructing questions about typography choices and what the final piece will look like.  

Over the weekend I started to work digitally in Illustrator. I have the left panel almost complete with the text, but I just need to add some flames around the paragraph blurb. I started the wood grain for behind the New Jersey state silhouette, but it has a harsh line where it ends. I'm going to try and soften the line with the front flames but I will see how it goes.

For fonts I found Londrina Solid  black 900 weight for the brand name and heading and Lato for the body copy. Londrina Solid still has a handwritten feel with its imperfections and has a thick enough stroke I can draw the flames. 

For the print of the final design, I'm just going to place the new label on top of the old one so you can see the sauce at the top and bellow a little and then a sliver in the back. I'm keeping in mind that this company is a smaller, local brand so their production costs are probably minimal and they most likely couldn't do a knock out somewhere in the middle of the design.


Tuesday in class is our final critique so I hope to have the design finalized and make adjustments on Tuesday from my classmate and professor's feedback.



No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL WEEK

Painting the sheets became a bit of a struggle I wasn't expecting. I started by painting one sheet, doing my best to get the yellow colo...